Monday, August 19, 2013

Purpose of Phood Dining with Dustin

Welcome to Phood Dining with Dustin.  First let me say that I'm no food critic.  I'm a country boy, that grew up on meat and potatoes.  I know what tastes good to me, but I'm a very picky eater, so my opinion on food will probably differ greatly from yours.  I am not afraid to say what I think though.  I'm also not afraid to try new places, mostly at the urging of my girlfriend, but I have fun too so why not.

My girlfriend and I recently bought a house in South Philadelphia in the East Passyunk area.  There are a number of great little restaurants throughout the area.  After a few months of painting, sanding, staining and moving we are finally getting settled.  Since things are starting to settle down, we started date night.  Now every Saturday we are going to get dressed up, and try a new restaurant without repeating a restaurant.  We are making one exception to this though, we decided we are going to become regulars at Stoagie Joe's on Passyunk Ave.  It's close to where we live, the food is smashing and they have great drink specials.  We've already been to Stoagie Joe's quite a few times, so I will write something about them later, I will warn you though, that blog will be heavy in favoritism.

Since we live in such close proximity to great restaurants in the East Passyunk section of South Philly, we are starting here.  As we go out more we will expand our area of dining, but for now we are looking at places within walking distance.

Why dress up?  Why not.  Who doesn't like to get fancy every now and then.

Our first date night was this past Saturday, August 17, 2013.  I will write a review later in the week.  Reservations have already been made for the next 3 Saturdays, and I'm really excited about the upcoming places.

So welcome, and come back each week for a review of another great restaurant in Philly.

No comments:

Post a Comment