Friday, September 27, 2013

Fond 8/31/2013

Good news, made it to Fond.  I kept my drinking on Friday night moderate this time.  But on Saturday that was a different story.  College football started this week, and I like to place a little action on college football, so as my games were coming in (or missing) I started drinking to calm the nerves a little.  You know what it's like to have the dice dancing on the table for 12+ hours over the course of an afternoon?  If yes, then you know why I needed a few drinks, if not, well try it sometime and then you'll know.

So back to Fond.  I absolutely loved this place.  The food was simply fantastic.  The ambiance was amazing.  It was quaint and cozy, but yet private and tucked away.  We had a little later reservation, but everything turned out splendid.  The only thing that I wasn't thrilled about is they are advertised as a BYOB, but yet have a full bar so they charge you an uncorking fee.  The uncorking fee was only $10, so still cheaper to buy a bottle and take there then buy a bottle there.

Now if I can just remember what we had to eat, sorry it was a while ago, and if you've read my other posts you know I enjoy the bottle on the weekends so not all details are clear okay?  Okay!

That's right I had the Skate Wing.  Now, let me tell you, I ordered this thinking it was chicken.  Why did I think that, well it has the word wing in name for starters, and I never thought of fish as having wings.  Well I was wrong, I ordered fish.  Bit of a surprise when my plate was brought to me.  Want to know a secret?  It was delicious.  I'm glad I made the mistake and ordered it.  I wish I had more at the end, but needed to save room for desert.

What I ordered was a bit easier to remember because it's an everyday offering on the menu.  The appetizer and what my girlfriend ordered are another story.  Those were off the specials menu, and I have no idea what they are.  I can tell you that I ate about 1/3 of my girlfriends dinner and loved it.  I can also tell you that the appetizer was good, whatever it was.  We ate all of our appetizer and dinner, that's how good it was.

For dessert we got the cannoli's.  They were good.  Not like you can screw up cannoi's, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ones they offered.

That's it, all I got.  Not the best I know, but best I can do.  I will say this, Fond is an absolute gem.  A great place to go for a special occasion, or just a night on the town.  It is a little on higher side for dinner, but it is worth it.  We will be going back to Fond, I can guarantee that. 

Next week we visit Le Virtu.

No comments:

Post a Comment